Clark & Gotzler Human Resources
Managing human resources is time-consuming, requires skill and expertise, and is ever-evolving. Clark & Gotzler, Attorneys at Law, recognizes that many HR issues do not require legal counsel – and the associated costs. Savvy leaders carefully select the appropriate solution for a particular task or challenge. In short, there is a time for legal advice and a time for HR guidance.
From day one, our clients requested services beyond the typical scope of employment law into the larger and related realm of human resources. It is clear that there is significant need for these kinds of services. Our solution is CG Works.
CG Works provides this HR service offering as a natural extension of our employment and HR legal services. We continue to add experienced employment lawyers and non-attorney professionals with human resources expertise to our team of the best and brightest in HR.
With this mix of HR and employment law experience, in-house insight, devotion to meeting client needs, and laser focus on all things HR, the Clark & Gotzler team is uniquely qualified to help manage the full spectrum of human resources needs.
HR Guidance Managed by Experienced HR Attorneys
Our legal team has decades of legal and practical comprehensive human resources experience. Our HR team is comprised of experts within their respective fields of human resources, benefits, and payroll, with years of valuable experience, education and licensure. Our legal and HR teams work in close concert with one another and all HR work is overseen by our lawyers. Together, we have worked with employers and workforces of all sizes, in a variety of industries, all over the country. We take the time to listen closely and develop a plan specific to your HR challenges and needs.
Scope of Services
CG Works’ scope of services can be limited or broad, on a project basis or as part of an ongoing partnership, analytical or advisory, whatever, whenever and however it works best for you. With many of these services, the intersection between our legal and human resources offerings is apparent. All work by our non-attorney HR professionals will be overseen by our licensed, experienced employment law attorneys.
Human Resources Services:
- Compliance with federal, state and local employment law regulations
- Drafting and maintaining employee handbook, policies and forms
- Employee relations
- Employee performance appraisals and management
- Job classifications and job descriptions
- Employee files and records management
- Required employer postings and notices
- Workplace investigations
- Background check compliance
- Employee onboarding and off-boarding
- Compliance and management development workshops
- Audit and assessment for compliance, as well as effectiveness of HR functions
- Workplace safety advisory services
Benefits Administration Services:
- Strategy development of and selection of benefits plans and offerings
- Administration of employer-sponsored benefits package
- Management of paid time off policies and employee leaves of absence
- COBRA and/or FMLA administration
- CG Works can work closely with payroll providers to serve as a point of contact for clients’ staff, managers, and relevant agencies
Organizational Culture & Communication
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- Change Management
- Executive Coaching
- Employee Coaching & Development
- Customer Service
- Team Building